Sunday, June 20, 2010

Introduction

I have been thinking about this for quite some time now, and I finally decided to start a blog. Since most of you probably don't know me, I guess a small introduction is necessary.

My name is Marko Tiikkaja. I've used PostgreSQL for the past 7 years or so and loved it more and more every year. For the past two years I've been active on freenode's #postgresql channel under the alias "johto". About a year ago I started hacking on the backend code of PG when David Fetter came up with the idea of allowing DML statements inside CTEs. This project is known as "Writeable CTEs" and I have a blog post about it in the queue.

That's about all I wanted to say in the first post. Stay tuned for actually PG-related content. ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Yes, it's a shame we didn't get to see your writeable CTE functionality in 9.0, but looking forward to it in 9.1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've helped me out a few times on #postgresql, in regards to 9.0beta2 so thank you.

    ReplyDelete